Because supporting information and resources on administering injectable buprenorphine is not yet readily available, the following information on injectable buprenorphine, also known as SublocadeTM, can be found at the following links:

Please note, the ACFP has no affiliation with Indivior and the inclusion of the following resources is not an endorsement of Indivior but the application of injectable buprenorphine.

Interested in receiving more guidance? Join the CMN to be connected with experienced practitioners.

For more information about chronic pain and substance use disorder, check out the resources below.

Alberta Health Services 

Canadian Mental Health Association

METAPHI – Mentoring, Education, and Clinical Tools for Addiction: Primary Care – Hospital Integration

Methamphetamine Client Transitions to Primary Care

National Overdose Response Service (NORS)

  • NORS is an overdose prevention hotline for Canadians providing loving, confidential, nonjudgmental support for you, whenever and wherever you use drugs.

PEER – Patients Experience Evidence Research

Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA)

Rx Files

Opioid Use Disorder – Telephone Consultation For physicians and teams seeking advice prescribing opioid agonist therapy (OAT) such as buprenorphine/naloxone and methadone

  • NORTH of Red Deer – call 1-800-282-9911 or 1-780-735-0811
  • SOUTH of Red Deer – call 1-800-661-1700 or 403-944-4486

Virtual Opioid Dependency Program (VODP) Medication Management, Addiction Counseling and more via Telehealth Toll Free: 1-844-383-7688 E-Referral Advice Addiction, Medicine, and Mental Health – Opioid Agonist Therapy Non-urgent, physician to physician advice (response within 5 days)